Project Development Engineer - Green Infrastructure
|Job Title:||Project Development Engineer - Green Infrastructure|
|Reference:||PC - 7 - 22|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 09:31|
Public Sector People is seeking an experienced Project Development Engineer to join City of Sydney to work in the City’s Green Infrastructure Business Unit on a number on projects.
These projects will relate to environmentally sensitive sites and/or present an opportunity to create positive sustainability outcomes. The position will focus primarily on water harvesting (for recycling), storm-water management, landfill leachate control, and land rehabilitation.
- Manage the day to day development and implementation of complex and innovative green infrastructure projects as part of the City’s approved green infrastructure capital works program;
- Management of cross divisional project team meetings, workshops and activities, together with associated monitoring and reporting;
- Effective risk management through proactive identification, prioritisation, treatment, monitoring and reporting of risks;
- Identify issues which are impeding the progress of projects and take prompt and decisive remedial action to ensure that delays are minimized;
- Monitor the performance of external consultants and contractors to ensure performance in accordance with established and agreed programs
- Monitoring and reporting on all key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to the program including, but not limited to: delivery timelines and budget control; and
- Comply with and keep abreast of any relevant legislation applicable to the performance of the duties of this position.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Engineering or a similar building, or infrastructure design and construction discipline.
- Extensive professional engineering experience including participation in one or more aspects of the building, infrastructure, plant and equipment lifecycle, such as design, project management, commissioning, maintenance or refurbishment.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement and commitment to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve strict deadlines while balancing competing priorities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's