Principal Strategic Planner
|Job Title:||Principal Strategic Planner|
|Salary:||$52.08 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||27 July 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermnn|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 18:01|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Principal Planner (Strategic) to join our Local Council Client in North Brisbane. This is a great opportunity and will be a 5-month contract role with the possibility of extension.
The purpose of this role is to provide specialist planning expertise in the delivery of strategic planning and place making services within the area in accordance with relevant legislation and Council procedures, policies and directives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operate as a technical expert and provide guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required time-frames and in a professional manner.
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to strategic planning and economic development matters.
- Pro-grammatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
- Act as a Council delegate on a variety of projects, providing a source of professional advice to key stakeholders.
- Degree in urban and regional planning or other relevant field.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
- Expert knowledge of urban planning and development issues specifically around legislation reform and place-making
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann | 038 535 3111 | Lucia@publicsectorpeople.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's