|Job Title:||Principal Planner|
|Reference:||PC - 5 - 21|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 06:15|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Principal Planner to join our Local Council Client in North Brisbane. This is a great opportunity and will be a 6-month contract role with the possibility of extension.
- Operate as a technical expert and provide guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required time-frames and in a professional manner.
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to strategic planning and economic development matters.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of business processes to achieve value and efficiency, while driving a continuous improvement, performance, and customer focused culture within the team.
- Pro-grammatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
- Partner and foster strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key place-making activities.
- Act as a Council delegate on a variety of projects, providing a source of professional advice to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
- Expert knowledge of urban planning and development issues specifically around legislation reform and place-making
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to coach, motivate and influence at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.