Principal Health & Safety Advisor
|Job Title:||Principal Health & Safety Advisor|
|Salary:||$61 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||21 September 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schfermann|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2020 04:46|
Our client is a large and busy council based on the south side of Brisbane. They are seeking a Principal Health & Safety Advisor to join the team on a 6 month contract.
The purpose of this role is to champion the Health and Safety Strategy on Council’s behalf and lead a team of professionals delivering a wide range of programs and initiatives to improve safety performance.
- Provide strategic, innovative and accountable leadership to the Strategy and Systems Team to ensure that Council achieves its goals and performance targets in relation to Health, Safety and Wellness.
- You will provide strategic, contemporary, evidence-based advice and support to the Health and Safety Program Leader and the People and Culture Manager in relation to these matters.
- Supporting the development and delivery of H&S Program vision and direction whilst effectively engaging with key stakeholders and internal client groups to ensure the H&S Program responds to demands and identifies opportunities to improve the effectiveness of WHS across Council.
- Overseeing the development of a workforce health program, you will provide outstanding leadership in identifying emerging health, safety and well-being issues, developing appropriate policies, systems and procedures and maintaining the Workplace Health & Safety Management System.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in work health and safety, or a related relevant field, or significant experience in a similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of current Work Health & Safety and Worker's Compensation and Rehabilitation legislation, regulations, codes, standards and guidelines.
- Accredited WHS Auditor qualification.
- ICAM or similar lead investigator training.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment.
- Certificate IV Project Management (highly desirable)
- Ability to lead and facilitate WHS strategic planning, change management and governance.
- Sound working knowledge in leading investigations, audits, policy development, systems management and strategy objectives.
- Knowledge of National Self Insurer WHS Audit Tool (highly desirable)
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann | email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's