Principal Environment Officer
|Job Title:||Principal Environment Officer|
|Salary:||$56.01 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2020 13:47|
• $56.01 per hour + super
• Interesting community & council projects
• Located Northern suburbs from Brisbane
We are working with a Local Council located in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane. We are looking for experienced an Principal Environmental Officer (Planning & Policy) for an initial 3 - 6 month contract opportunity.
The purpose of the role will be to provide specialist environmental planning expertise to Council and guide a team of environment officers to deliver complex environmental planning and policy projects, programs and initiatives.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Prepare and execute project plans for a range of complex environmental planning and policy projects, programs and initiatives, achieving performance outcomes that align with Council’s strategic direction.
- Act as a principle point of contact for environmental planning and policy matters, providing accurate and timely information and expert advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster and sustain relationships with government agencies, industry, researchers, technical experts and interest groups on a range of environmental matters including policy development and implementation, legislative reviews, fauna and flora research and assessment of development proposals.
- Identify training opportunities for a team of environment officers and support the delivery of environment related training to internal stakeholders, assisting Council to meet its environmental legislative obligations.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of business processes and support a customer focused culture within the team.
- Degree in environmental science, environmental management, biological science, zoological science or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental related legislation, strategic and land use planning processes and Council’s local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information
- Ability to coach, motivate and influence at all levels of the organisation
03 8535 3111