Principal Engineer - Strategic Road Maintenance
|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Strategic Road Maintenance|
|Salary:||Rate is $64.01 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2020 14:34|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Principal Engineer- Strategic Road Maintenance to lead the Maintenance Planning Section of the Road Maintenance Program.
The Maintenance Planning Section undertakes asset data collection and analysis, maintenance forward planning and development of maintenance programs and services, including budget development. The section also provides technical and contract support to the maintenance program, including development of specifications, standards and conducting audits of
maintenance work undertaken by Council’s day labour workforce and Contract.
- Operate as a technical expert and provide guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice relating to engineering aspects of development assessment matters
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of business processes
- Assess complex operational works applications and inspect development construction works
- Act as a Council delegate on a variety of development applications, providing professional advice to key stakeholders
- Responsible for the decision making under delegated authority in the assessment of more complex applications and development assessment matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) and eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer (Queensland) under
the Professional Engineers Act is mandatory.
- Extensive high level interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain positive working relationships, negotiate and influence, resolve conflict and to provide advice and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience leading and working as part of a high performing team to ensure achievement of outcomes including building, maintaining and fostering good relationships with colleagues, clients and team members.
- Substantial experience in financial management and analysis.
- Extensive high level planning, organisational and time management skills in order to simultaneously manage and monitor work
programs / projects to agreed performance targets of quality, working to budget and meeting agreed deadlines.
- High level ability to be adaptable and possess highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Experience utilising office software / computer systems that support the delivery of construction and maintenance activities and
projects, including financial and records management systems, estimating packages and GIS.
- Utilise high level of discipline knowledge and detailed knowledge of statutory requirements
- Ability to develop innovative and cost effective maintenance solutions to meet the needs of a growing City.
- Excellent report writing skills, eg reports, business cases, memos, technical documents
- Enjoys developing staff (team of 4)
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on 038 535 3100
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's