Planning Development Officer
|Job Title:||Planning Development Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 05 19|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 20, 2019 05:46|
Public Sector People are working with our Local Government client located in the North of Brisbane on a 6-month contract using your building and construction expertise to focus on compliance in new developments within the region. This critical role will provide specialist advice, undertake and resolve complex building and development investigations throughout the Moreton Bay municipality.
- Apply specialised knowledge relating to the technical aspects of building and development compliance investigations utilising relevant legislation/industry standards including council’s planning scheme, policies, procedures and directives.
- Carry out moderately complex enforcement functions relating to building and development compliance investigations and expeditiously resolve customer requests to the required standard.
- Provide specific advice and lead investigations to resolution surrounding swimming pool fencing and safety regulation, sediment and erosion control and non-complex building or development complaints.
- Issue statutory approvals in accordance with the relevant legislation, council’s planning scheme, policies, procedures and directives.
- Provide high quality reports and briefs of evidence to management and represent the council before the court and tribunals as required.
- Provide input into the development of departmental procedures and processes to support continual improvement and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule workloads on a daily basis whilst managing competing priorities with the flexibility to undertake other duties as directed.
- Current C class drivers licence.
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the interpretation and enforcement of relevant legislation/industry standards including the council’s planning scheme, policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior building and/or planning regulatory role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.