|Job Title:||Planning Arborist|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2020 15:02|
Core functions include ensuring community safety by effectively maintaining the health of Council's trees assets, providing reports and advice to internal and external clients.
You will also be responsible for inspecting and the assessment of trees before providing decisions regarding health, structure, and risk management. You will ensure that prompt attention is given to all planning enquiries and permits, as they relate to trees and arboricultural assets.
You will assist with providing internal referral advice to planners, carry out site inspections to identify species, breaches of planning control and alternatives to removal such as pruning.
Tree retention is an integral part of this council’s strategy and this role is the perfect step for someone looking for career progression and wants to move away from a tree crew position.
- AQF Level 5 or above, Diploma of Horticulture and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to undertake the assessment of the health, structure, and stability of trees.
- Previous experience delivering high quality fast paced service to diverse customers, ideally in a Local Government setting.
- Secure a role working within a council offering continuous professional development.
- Join a team known for their delivery of quality tree management and replacement programmes.
- Gain highly coveted Planning Arborist experience as more and more councils move to create this role in their teams.
- Opportunity for someone to move into the public sector.