Planner DA Assessments - Local Government
|Job Title:||Planner DA Assessments - Local Government|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2020 16:02|
The position is responsible for implementing departmental responsibilities in the area of development assessment and planning. The role of the successful candidate is to contribute to the overall effective operation of the Development Assessment Division by implementing Council’s policies in relation to the protection, preservation and enhancement of the natural and built environment.
- Provide quality advice to Council’s Area Planning Managers, Manager Planning Assessment, and Director City Planning and Regulatory Services on development related matters to make informed decisions.
- Produce high quality written reports to relevant committees including the Central Sydney Planning Committee (CSPC) and Council’s Local Planning Panel (LPP) to ensure issues are readily understood by stakeholders and compliance.
- Undertake the project management of development related applications from lodgement to determination and manage DA matters arising during construction, including co-ordination of input from other Units and Government authorities.
- Coordinate internal and external development referrals and provide considered responses that illustrate that all matters have been considered and / or satisfied.
- Deliver high quality customer service to applicants, residents and other stakeholders in the City through the provision of expert advice on relevant processes, polices and regulations.
- Prepare evidence and appear as an expert witness on behalf of Council in the Land and Environment Court and Local Court in accordance with legislative requirements and regulations
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level in Urban Planning, Architecture, Urban Design or related discipline.
- Experience in the assessment and resolution of planning, heritage and urban design issues associated with development applications, preferably in local government.
- Suitable for both private and public sector experienced planners
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600