|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 06:15|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Planner to join our Local Council Client in North Brisbane. This is a great opportunity and will be a 6-month contract role with the possibility of extension.
- Assist with the assessment of a range of development applications in accordance with statutory requirements and the provisions of council’s corporate documents, Planning Scheme, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of strategies, master-plans and the development and maintenance.
- Contribute to the review of the activities, processes, procedures and policies of the development planning and strategic planning teams to ensure relevance, currency and timely best practice outcomes and customer service are achieved.
- Monitor the quality of outcomes achieved through the implementation of council policies and promote continual improvement through initiating change or enhancements to policies and procedures.
- Assist to represent the interests of the departments responsible for development services and strategic planning within council as required.
- Assist in site inspections to assess a range of development applications, undertake investigations and facilitate the provision of advice.
- Provide basic advice on planning matters to a range of stakeholders including staff within the development planning, strategic planning and engineering teams, other council staff, Councillors, the development industry, all tiers of government and the public.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills and a capacity to liaise, consult, negotiate with and advise a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Planning Act, other legislation, industry standards and best practices.
- Excellent time and priority management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.