|Job Title:||Payroll Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 1 - 15|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 08:46|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced payroll officer to join our local council client based in Blacktown. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the production of the weekly payroll by ensuring that both payroll and master file entries are completed accurately and within the specified time constraints.
- Encode timesheets so that correct hours are allocated to various cost codes as advised by Supervisors
- Ensure the Check Payroll is verified and corrected so that payments are made in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement, Flexibility Agreements,
- Policies and any other guidance material
- Complete statistical returns and submit them within the required time
- Review the calculation of adjustment and termination pays
- Ensure prompt attention is given to correspondence and enquiries
- Reconcile the weekly payroll and to prepare the payroll voucher
- Respond accordingly to internal and external enquires
- Prepare payroll and master file entries for input into the computer
- Carry out additional duties as directed by the Coordinator Payroll Services.
- Experience in computer based applications, including spreadsheets
- Class “C” Drivers Licence.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll systems
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.