|Job Title:||Parks Planner|
|Salary:||$43.28/hour plus super|
|Start Date:||3 February 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2020 18:46|
- 3 Month contract, until 30 April 2020
- $43.28 per hour, plus superannuation
Some Key Duties include, but not limited to:
- Review and provide advice on Park Branch strategies and plans, ensuring these are evidenced based.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of structure and master plans for parks, urban centres and road landscape areas.
- Implement procedures and technical guidelines to support the implementation of park and open space planning, design, and management policies.
- Undertake research and provide input to consultation with customers and our local community for the planning and improvement of the City’s parks and open spaces.
- Review, interpret and advise on proposed and new legislation, and accordingly review policy and procedures relative to parks and recreational activities.
- Ensure the integrity of Parks Branch databases (including updating GIS and Parks Network Map), such that they are maintained and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- A degree in Town Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, Environmental Planning or Landscape Architecture (with an emphasis on Town Planning).
- Demonstrated understanding of open space management issues, and planning within a local government context.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and act upon appropriate legislative and policy and procedural changes as they occur.
- Demonstrated highly developed written and oral communication skills and ability to negotiate and communicate complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to achieve outcomes, yet successfully work and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing reports, using Excel and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and experience in the use of standard MS Office software.
Please note only relevant candidates will be contacted.