Open Space Coordinator
|Job Title:||Open Space Coordinator|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2020 10:01|
This is initially a contract role, but the permanent recruitment for this role will be underway post Covid-19. There is every opportunity that you could transition into the permanent position.
Develop strategies, plans and policies to guide Council’s direction for open space and recreation planning, including the provision, development and review of open space, walking and cycling, play and related recreation plans, policies and programs.
You will have three direct reports with approval for a further three positions to come onboard over the course of the year, bringing the team to a total of six made up of Landscape Architects and Recreational Planners.
The successful candidate will come from a Planning, Landscape Architect or Open Space background and will bring both technical and people management skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in urban planning, environmental planning or open space planning or a related discipline (e.g. Landscape Architecture) with several years’ relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge and application of open space and recreation planning
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to establish networks and consult and liaise effectively with external agencies, stakeholders, council and the community.
- Must have demonstrated experience in people management.
- Secure work in a council with large capital works budget for their open space projects.
- Opportunity to transition into a permanent role.
- Secure work through this uncertain time.
- Band 8 position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position and other opportunities within Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, please contact Emma Murphy at Public Sector People on (03) 8535 3111.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.