Manager of Development and Community Safety
|Job Title:||Manager of Development and Community Safety|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019 12:16|
You will be overseeing the Strategic Planning, Economic Development, Compliance and Local Laws and Occupational Health & Safety departments. You will be supported by three coordinators and four direct reports.
You will integrate and manage an efficient approval service, which ensures that development is planned and controlled to meet the needs and aspirations of Council, the community, and statutory requirements.
To be successful, you must be a qualified Town Planner and have management experience, ideally in a Local Government context. As this role will be undergoing permanent recruitment, you will be ideally placed to transition into the permanent role, if interested.
This is an Executive Officer level role and the rate will reflect the level of responsibility.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning, Urban Studies, Environmental Planning or related discipline.
- Experience at middle management level or higher in local government, private sector or a multi-functional organization.
- Verbal and written communication skills of a high order, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Work for a council located in a beautiful part of Victoria.
- Gain further management experience with the possibility of securing a permanent role.
- Competitive hourly rate and flexible hours of work.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position and other planning opportunities within Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, please contact Emma Murphy at PSP on (03) 8535 3111.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.