Manager Development Engineering & Certification
|Job Title:||Manager Development Engineering & Certification|
|Reference:||PC- 9 - 21|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2019 17:34|
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Environment & Climate Change the Manager, Development Engineering provides direction and leadership in managing staff and other resources to ensure high performance service delivery of 1) public and private infrastructure associated with development ensuring it is constructed and can sustainably operate to meet community needs and have minimal impact on the built and natural environment, 2) high quality assessment and certification of development works in accordance with Council’s statutory functions and business requirements, and 3) co-ordination, analysis and reporting of Council’s s94 works delivery program as it relates to subdivisions, major developments and land releases.
- Lead the Development Engineering & Certification team on a strategic and day-to-day basis to ensure efficient allocation of resources, high performance and a strong team culture;
- Lead, develop implement and review the team budget including the setting, advertising and management of fees, charges and bonds/guarantees;
- Co-ordinate and lead a high quality and efficient development engineering and certification service including management of referral workloads, reporting, and customer liaison (internal and external);
- Developing and implementing systems and processes to ensure high quality assets are delivered during development works that do not negatively affect Council’s infrastructure and maintain/improve our natural/built environment;
- Develop, implement and review the s94 works delivery program as it relates to subdivisions, major developments and land releases and ensure integration with the Long-Term Financial Plan and s94 contributions plans;
- Develop, implement and review performance indicators for the team and ensure timely reporting of these indicators to the management team and internal clients;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive suite of standard conditions, staying up to date with relevant engineering standards and regulations, and ensures Council’s responsibilities are met with minimal successful challenges in Land and Environment Court; and
- Ensure the team provides a cohesive, risk appropriate and efficient development assessment referral service to its internal and external clients.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's