Major Development Planner - Band 5
|Job Title:||Major Development Planner - Band 5|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 17:35|
Council are also offering flexibility around hours worked each week, so could be suitable for planners who are still studying but have already completed a student placement. Ideally, you will have experience managing basic applications, Condition 1 reports, secondary consents and extensions of time.
This is a council experiencing substantial growth and you will gain exposure to a niche area of planning separate to plain statutory planning. The Major Developments team deal with planning proposals within Council's growth areas. Future use/development are controlled by Precinct Structure Plans and Development Contribution Plans, so this is a project management approach to planning.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning, Urban Studies, Environmental Planning or related discipline.
- Victorian Statutory Planning experience is essential to the success of applications received.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Growth area experience is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Benefit from a supportive and collaborative culture within Local Government.
- Gain growth area experience in a metro council for your CV.
- Attractive hourly rate and long term contract position.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.