Local Laws Officer
|Job Title:||Local Laws Officer|
|Salary:||Negotiable hourly rate|
|Start Date:||24th August 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||August 18, 2020 22:01|
The role of the Local Law Officer is to serve the community and maintain or improve public health, safety and amenity through the investigation of breaches of legislation and local laws, educating customers and taking enforcement action.
- Prior experience in Local Government as a Local Laws Officer is highly desirable
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of relevant Queensland legislation
- Relevant qualifications in Local Government, Statutory Compliance and Animal Management
- Current Queensland driver licence required
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act 2009, the Waste Reduction and Recycling Act 2011, the Environmental Protection Act 1994, the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998, the Transport operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 and Regulations, and Council's Local Laws No. 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12, and associated subordinate local laws.
- Experience in undertaking investigations, and determination of appropriate compliance or enforcement responses.
- Demonstrated time management skills, specifically the ability to be able to prioritise demands and workloads, and the ability to maintain attention to detail when working on routine cases.
Alternatively if you would like a confidential discussion regarding this and other Local Government roles please call Lucia Schefermann on (03) 8535 3100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only relevant candidates will be contacted.