Local Laws Coordinator
|Job Title:||Local Laws Coordinator|
|Salary:||Band 6 role (Neg)|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2020 11:48|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Local Laws Officer for a short term contract in northern QLD.
The objective of the role is to ensure council officers are working within Council’s local laws and associated legislation and are meeting their obligations and working in a lawful manner. You will develop and monitor subordinate local laws and relevant policies, assist officers preparing for court and provide support to councils legal representatives where required.
Key Role Functions include, but not limited to:
- Effectively supervise and mentor Councils Local Laws section
- Provide professional advice and direction to the Director Compliance and Utilities Services and other departments for the administration of Local Laws
- Develop, monitor and review Council’s Local Laws policies, systems and procedures
- Coordinate and monitor to ensure effective, efficient and legislative compliance of Council’s Local Laws
- Enforcing Local Laws (Prosecutions when required) including preparing warrant applications and documents for court;
- Ensure public compliance with Council Local Laws, including necessary education and public information to encourage responsible animal ownership & compliance with local laws
- Ensure that the Animal Management Facility is managed and operated in a manner that is at a high standard, is kept clean, well maintained, safe and attractive and meets all legal obligations
- Ensure all animals are in the Animal Management Facility are cared for in an acceptable manner and meets all legal obligations
- Appropriate liaisons with Council’s Promotion and Development Coordinator for timely Media releases
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in Justice, Legal Services and or Training and Assessment will be highly regarded;
- Current “C” class manual Driver’s Licence or ability to acquire a licence prior to officially commencing in the role;
- Possession of a current WH&S Construction White Card
- Possession of a current working with children “Blue Card”
- Out-of-hours work likely to be required.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on 038 535 3111 | firstname.lastname@example.org