Library - Program Lead
|Job Title:||Library - Program Lead|
|Reference:||PC - 6 - 2|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 06:15|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Program Officer within Library services. This is a 6 month contract role based in North Lakes.
The First Five Forever Program is delivered by Local Council Libraries under State Library of Qld funding. The person suitable for this role will have strong understanding/training in Under 5 literacy outcomes and the ability to deliver this through a Public Library setting. Strong community engagement skills as well as project management skills are required.
This role may require some out of hours work for festivals and events, which will be remunerated appropriately. Strong foundations have been delivered for this program which now requires deep community consultation and an embedded approach to literacy in the region.
Based at North Lakes with the need to travel across Moreton Bay's ten library network and engage with organisations in the region.
- Provide leadership, training, and support to Council staff to enhance skills and understanding of the fundamentals of early literacy. This includes but is not limited to the importance early literacy programs, services and resources and the benefits of the First 5 Forever initiative to the community.
- Develop and source training for parents and families, external and internal stakeholders and community groups, including vulnerable families focusing on building early literacy skills and techniques that will support parents and children.
- Implement statistical and feedback mechanisms ensuring effective reporting to Council and the State Library of Queensland on the outcomes and achievements of the First 5 Forever initiative in line with
- funding guidelines.
- Identify and maintain partnerships with organisations, agencies and networks to develop library
- strategies to increase community access to early literacy support and library services.
- Design and implement communication plans to promote the First 5 Forever initiative to Council, stakeholders and the community promoting library programs and services supporting early literacy for
- children 0-5 and their parents.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.