|Reference:||PC - 7 -25|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||August 01, 2019 06:45|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Librarian to join our Local Council Client located in South Brisbane. The position will require a qualified Librarian to undertake the delivery of customer service, staff supervision, program delivery and collection management.
- Provide relief assistance for Regional and Digital Services Librarians as required.
- In the absence of the Regional and Digital Services Librarian, take responsibility for supervision of library staff, decision making on operational matters and the provision of guidance to library staff on the application of approved Library policies and procedures.
- Undertake routine library duties, including circulation tasks, in accordance with circulation policies and procedures.
- Assist in the provision of information and reader's advisory services to Library customers.
- Assist with collection management, programs, activities, promotion and outreach as required.
- Provide consistent customer service by working at different library locations and/ or working flexibly as required.
- Respond to escalated customer enquiries to achieve an effective resolution.
- Participate in team and individual activities such as planning, development and performance evaluation.
- Exercise judgement and initiative where discretion is appropriate.
- Other duties within level of responsibility as directed or delegated by the Libraries and Creative Industries Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
- Minimum qualifications of a Degree or Graduate Diploma in Library Science and eligibility for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology including experience and knowledge using computers, Microsoft applications, STEM resources, mobile technology, web-based applications, digital library resources and automated library systems.
- Possession of high level interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with capacity to make prompt and reliable decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile and prioritise conflicting and demanding tasks with minimum supervision.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.