Lead Safety Coordinator
|Job Title:||Lead Safety Coordinator|
|Salary:||$113,260 - $125,755 per annum + super|
|Contact Name:||Bryony Reid|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2020 12:16|
Public Sector People are working in partnership with Darebin City Council in hiring a full-time permanent Lead Safety Coordinator to join their People and Development Department.
- Band 8: $113,260 - $125,755 per annum + super
- Permanent, full-time position
- Walking distance to Preston train station and tram stops
- Access to onsite car parking
- Friendly, supportive, and accessible culture
You will lead the OHS team to improve the overall safety performance of Darebin City Council. Your team compromise of an Injury Management and Wellbeing Advisor and two Safety Advisors.
As a cohesive team you will work towards the shared objective of managing WorkCover Claims and Occupational Health and Safety systems.
Reporting to the Manager of People and Development, the role plays an integral role in providing advice, guidance and support to internal clients on safe work practices.
This includes; policy development, the implementation of safety systems, coordination of key projects and ensuring legislative compliance.
- To be eligible, you will have a tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety (or a related discipline) or significant relevant experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing a team of professionals
- Excellent and detailed knowledge of relevant OHS legislation, policy, and practice
- Proven ability to partner with key internal and external stakeholders
- Health Declaration and/or Functional Capacity Assessment prior to an offer of employment
- Satisfactory Police Check result prior to an offer of employment being made
- A current Working with Children Card
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Social activities and social club membership, including free weekly yoga, free physiotherapy, and gym sessions
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing program available for all Darebin staff
- Environmentally conscious: celebrating sustainable transport options to work
- Inclusive work culture, across our diverse culture and communities including our LGBTI community
- Recognition and inclusion of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
For further information or to request a position description please contact Bryony Reid, Public Sector People on (03) 8535 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 12th June at 17:00.