|Job Title:||Landscape Planner|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 18:02|
This is a busy council with large developments happening, so will bring with it an interesting and varied workload.
This contract is available due to permanent recruitment about to be undertaken, so it is likely that the person in the contract could transition into the permanent role.
- Process landscape planning referrals/applications in accordance with state and local legislation and council policies and strategies.
- Evaluate landscape plans for conformity with Council policies with planning permit conditions.
- Process enquiries and discuss or explain landscaping matters with professional and non-professional individuals and groups.
- Provide advice and assistance to Planning Investigation Officers in compliance and enforcement related matters.
- Assist with appeal and panel submissions and represent Council at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and panel hearings, if required.
- Provide comment on landscape initiatives prepared by other planning authorities.
- Ensure that all landscape matters are processed in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policy and required timelines.
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Landscape Design or a related discipline and experience working with town planning.
- Relevant experience is essential and ideally in a public sector environment.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position and other planning opportunities within Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, please contact Emma Murphy at Public Sector People on (03) 8535 3111.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.