|Job Title:||Investigations Officer|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2019 12:04|
Design and Build are seeking an experienced Local Laws Investigation Officer to join our Local Government client in the Moreton Bay Region. The successful candidate will need to have a proven investigative skill set or experience in regulatory/compliance/law enforcement background.
- Apply specialised knowledge relating to technical aspects of local laws and animal management first response, investigations and service delivery standards.
- Undertake and guide appropriate local laws and animal management first response activities and investigations and expeditiously resolve customer requests to the required standard.
- Provide advice, direction and solutions to the community in relation to breaches of relevant legislation.
- Provide high quality reports and briefs of evidence to management and represent the Council before the Magistrates Court and Tribunals as required.
- Provide input into the development of departmental procedures and processes to support continual improvement and efficiency.
- Participate in the Local Laws and Animal Management After Hours and On-Call programs as required.
- Demonstrated specialist experience working with animals and undertaking investigations.
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the interpretation and enforcement of legislation.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication and team building skills communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation and contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Academic, Trade Qualifications and other Licences - essential
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Must have a Certificate IV in Government (Investigations or Regulatory Services) or other relevant field.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.