HR Business Partner
|Job Title:||HR Business Partner|
|Reference:||Pc - 9 - 22|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2019 06:01|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Sydney CBD based Council on a 12 month contract. The HR Business Partner will report to the Manager Corporate Human Resources and support the Divisions and Business Units. The position contributes to effective management of the workforce by ensuring Council policies are clearly articulated and implemented in the Divisions and Business Units and that managers understand and are supported in their staff management responsibilities.
- Provide advice to managers and employees to ensure the implementation and maintenance of effective workforce management practices.
- Provide problem resolution services in human resources management and obtain advice and assistance from other Workforce Services staff as necessary.
- Provide advice to the Manager Corporate Human Resources and Director Workforce & Information Services for decision-making in relation to HR matters.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of Workforce Services plans, policies and strategies that contribute to effective workforce management.
- Provide responsive support and advice to managers on policy matters related to workforce management including recruitment, establishment, staff performance, team work, organisational structure, industrial matters and other related workforce management matters.
- Support managers to develop and implement workforce policies, procedures and systems to support the City’s vision, values and business priorities.
- Contribute to project planning and the effective implementation of new Workforce Services initiatives with relevant client group.
- Prepare and present monthly workforce reports as required and develop action plans with managers to address key issues arising from these reports.
- Degree or diploma with major in human resources management or equivalent and/or significant experience in a similar role.
- Proven record of involvement in providing a range of Human Resources Management services in large or complex organisations.
- Ability to effectively transfer and communicate ideas, concepts and information to others, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated record of adopting a consultative approach in the delivery of human resources services to managers and employees.
- Sound understanding of the legislative and industrial framework that applies to human resources management issues.
- Ability to use negotiation techniques and influencing skills in a manner that gains agreement or acceptance.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
HR Advisor - Employee Relations
$40 - $50 per hour plus superannuation
Business Support Officer
Administration & Business Support Officer
$30-$35 per hour + super
Human Resources - Expression of Interest
$35 - $55 per hour plus superannuation
Learning & Development Advisor - Band 6
Band 6 - $45 per hour plus superannuation