Health And Safety Advisor / Auditor - Local Government
|Job Title:||Health And Safety Advisor / Auditor - Local Government|
|Reference:||PC - 11 - 10|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||November 15, 2019 06:31|
This position will lead the internal health and safety program. The position will be required to have lead auditor qualifications in health and safety as well as coordinate and schedule a program of audits across the organisation. The role will also assist the Council to drive the development and implementation of health & safety systems and initiatives to minimise risk of injury.
- Facilitate the development of processes to create and maintain quality records relating to equipment, work methods and operating procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of Council’s incident tracking including evaluation and analysis of report comments and partnering to identify potential solutions.
- Assist Council to drive the development and implementation of health & safety systems and initiatives to minimise risk of injury.
- Develop reports on specific issues as required.
- Provide guidance and advice on the interpretation and implementation of Councils Safety Management Systems to ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place to deliver expected outcomes and improve safety performance.
- Advise and support to Branch management teams to help them manage incidents and investigations and ensure that the skills, knowledge and capabilities of their workforce are meeting required standards.
- Assist in conducting health and safety audits in accordance with annual audit planning to measure compliance with Council’s safety management system and self-insurance licencing arrangements and report on performance at pre-determined intervals.
- Certificate IV in Health & Safety is the minimum requirement.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in conducting safety audits, risk assessments, accident/incident investigations and providing guidance for workable solutions.
- Experience assessing plant infrastructure and its operation will be an advantage.
- Experience working at the federal, state or local government level Highly Advantageous
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager - Client Side - Local Government
Privacy Officer - Australian Government - 6 Month Contract
$300 - $600 per day plus superannuation (flexible)
Service Delivery Manager - Australian Government - 12 Months
Open - Daily Rate
Contractor Management Advisor - OHS
Category Manager Procurement - Property and Construction