Governance Information Officer
|Job Title:||Governance Information Officer|
|Reference:||Pc - 11 - 6|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 06:45|
This role will be a 6 month contract with our council client based in Strathpine. The role will involve providing assistance and support in the processing of access applications under the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009 and administrative action complaints under the Local Government Act 2009.
- Process access applications under the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009 in accordance with legislation and council policies.
- Process subpoenas, Evidence Act requests, notices of non-party disclosure and other requests for information in accordance with legislation and council policies.
- Interact professionally, courteously and effectively with members of the public, representatives from other local and state government agencies, and all council officers in relation to applications/complaints received under the abovementioned Acts.
- Record relevant information/data in council information management system about applications/complaints received and ensure appropriate reporting is available as required.
- Assist with council’s administrative and decision making processes associated with applications/complaints received under the abovementioned Acts.
- Assist with developing and reviewing council policies and guidelines relating to the abovementioned Acts as required.
- Assist with other governance related information/administrative processes as directed.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009 with experience in processing access applications under the legislation.
- Well-developed people and relationship skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.