|Job Title:||GIS Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 03 - 23|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 05:06|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced GIS Officer who can provide specialised advice and technical input in the field of spatial, data and demographic analysis, specifically in relation to urban research and town planning. This role will be to start early April and will be on a 6 month contract.
- Use a range of spatial products to undertake data analysis and modelling and deliver database design, cartographic and planning scheme outputs, and spatial, demographic, trend and statistical analysis to support Council projects
- Partner with other staff to plan, develop and deliver training to staff in the use of data modelling tools and other data products such as 3D modelling and ArcGIS online
- Create, maintain and manage the division’s spatial information data including Council’s planning scheme maps and associated planning scheme products
- Qualification in spatial science, geographical information, data analysis or other relevant field
- Current C class driver’s licence
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in the understanding, knowledge and application of acts and legislation within Council and industry standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Well-developed people and relationship skills
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.