GIPA Officer - Local Government
|Job Title:||GIPA Officer - Local Government|
|Reference:||PC - 10 - 4|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2019 09:02|
This position is responsible for provision of technical advice and effective access to information under the Government and Public Access Act (GIPA) and associated legislation. This will be working with our local government client and it will be based in Parramatta.
- Attend to formal applications from member of the community and other stakeholders for documentation held in Council records.
- Maintain appropriate records of all applications received and prepare correspondence as required under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
- Attend to requests from the Public Officer for the retrieval of files, records and other documentation including photocopying where required, associated with subpoenas serviced upon Council.
- Respond to enquiries and investigations arising out of privacy referrals and statutory review requirements.
- Enhance community confidence in Council services through the provision of effective access to information under the Government Information and Public Access Act (GIPA) and associated legislation.
- Ensure to take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself, staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers whilst at work, and cooperate with Council to comply with WHS legislative obligations.
- Ensure EEO, the principles for a culturally diverse society, and Council policies are complied with at all times.
- Contribute to improved customer service and organisational effectiveness, by acting ethically, honestly and with fairness.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's