Finance Unit Manager
|Job Title:||Finance Unit Manager|
|Start Date:||11th January|
|Contact Name:||Bryony Reid|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2020 17:16|
Public Sector People are working in partnership with a Local Government in the northern suburbs in hiring a temporary Finance Unit Manager.
- $60 per hour + super
- 3 Month Contract
- Key Senior Leadership Role
This position will be responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the financial health and long term financial sustainability of the Council. In addition to this you will be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating the overall allocation and utilisation of Council’s financial resources;
- Monitoring and reporting on the overall allocation and utilisation of Council’s financial resources;
- Providing financial advisory services to all branches in relation to financial management policies and procedures, financial systems operations, budgeting preparation, financial planning, performance analysis and supporting the business to achieve long-term financial viability;
- Ensuring the development and implementation of financial planning, budgeting and reporting systems across all business units including maintenance of financial records in compliance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1989, Local Government (Accounting) Regulations, Australian Accounting Standards, Australian Tax Legislation and policies as adopted by Council;
- Providing training and technical support to personnel within the organisation on budget, taxation and general financial management issues.
- Degree in accounting, commerce or related field and is a qualified Chartered Practising Account (CPA) or Chartered Accountants (CA).
- Proven line management experience leading and motivating people.
- Substantial experience with managing budgetary processes and financial statements in large/complex organisation.
- High level of technical competence in all facets of accounting.
- Experience in leading and delivering accounting/finance services, within a Government environment would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children Card
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's