Finance Officer - Accounts Payable
|Job Title:||Finance Officer - Accounts Payable|
|Reference:||PC - 7 - 20|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2019 06:46|
Public sector People are currently seeking a Finance Officer to join our Local Council Client. This will be a contract position for 6 months working Monday to Friday on a 9 day fortnight. This is a great opportunity for someone looking a contract within the Public Sector.
- Ensure supplier invoices are accurately processed for payment within council’s payment terms.
- Process payments to suppliers using Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) and cheque.
- Liaise with internal and external customers in relation to the accounts payable function.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of creditor statements.
- Assist with the generation of standard reports in relation to the accounts payable function.
- Deal with routine and non-routine correspondence and enquiries relating to accounts payable matters.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Excellent time management skills particularly in relation to managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to develop proficiency with council’s software programs.
- Well developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Certificate II in Business or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's