Facilities Support Officer
|Job Title:||Facilities Support Officer|
|Salary:||$34.93 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||2nd March 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2020 15:47|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Facilities Support Officer to join our regional council client in Strathpine.
The purpose of this role is to supervise service contractors to ensure the safe, cost effective, timely and efficient delivery of building services.
- Act as an initial point of contact for buildings and facilities service contracts.
- Supervise assigned service contract works undertaken on behalf of the buildings and facilities department.
- Coordinate assigned routine planned and reactive work delivered by building service contractors.
- Assist in procurement and contract administration processes including: scoping works, obtaining quotes, purchase orders, invoices, contract administration and conducting contractor performance reviews.
- Undertake periodic inspections of the standard of service contractor work, maintaining documentation and reporting to buildings and facilities management.
- Ensure the sufficient supply of cleaning consumables in accordance with council’s purchasing policy and procedures.
- Liaise with building users to ensure their operational needs are met through the delivery of building services.
- Implement council workplace health and safety policies and practices, and take practical measures to minimise workplace health and safety risks across assigned activities.
- Certificate IV in a field related to buildings and facilities operations.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple service contracts simultaneously.
- Demonstrated written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact with internal and external clients whilst providing a high level of quality service.
- Experience liaising with contractors in the delivery of building and facilities services.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety legislation and practices applicable to building services.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on 038 535 3100