|Job Title:||Facilities Officer|
|Salary:||$34.93 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||31 August 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2020 04:45|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Technical Officer (Building & Facilities) to join our local government client on a 6 month contract.
The Facilities Officer is responsible for providing technical and nontechnical advice in relation to the development and implementation of specifications and standards for the cost-effective delivery of buildings and facilities maintenance, compliance and service contracts.
- Undertake, develop, oversee and review all departmental capital and operational procurement and management activities and documentation.
- Develop, implement and inculcate a suite of technical standards to inform and guide improvement in departmental operations applicable to building and facility maintenance and compliance practices, contract delivery and performance.
- Undertake investigations, audits and research to guide the development of departmental technical and compliance standards.
- Coordinate asbestos safety compliance, issue asbestos work permits as Council’s Asbestos Materials Officer, maintain and update Council`s asbestos registers and provide technical advice regarding building and facility asbestos compliance.
- Project manage assigned departmental capital and operational contracts including the performance of contractors and sub-contractors, in compliance with contract documentation.
- Investigate and notify breaches of contract and provide solutions to management to resolve contractor performance issues.
- Provide advice on claims for payment, measure value of work completed and/or variations
- Tertiary qualification in building and construction or other relevant field.
- Certificate of competency in conduct asbestos assessment associated with removal.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Construction Induction Card competency that has been used or obtained within the past 2 years.
- Demonstrated ability to review technical and nontechnical aspects of buildings and facilities contracts and manage building and facilities compliance and maintenance trades.
- Developed investigative, analytical, research and technical report writing skills.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann | email@example.com