|Job Title:||Events Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 4 - 3|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2019 05:15|
Public Sector People are seeking an Events professional to join a fast paced Local Council team within Logan on a temporary contract for 4 months. The role will involve managing event projects include; Eats & Beats Food Truck Festival, Sports Awards, Gala Ball, Seniors Day, Youth Expo and many more. This role will involve top to tail event planning and delivery.
- To implement and publicise a program of community events designed to meet the recreational and cultural needs of Logan residents in order to build a sense of community identity and to promote a positive image of the City and Council.
- To implement the day-to-day running of the local events and festival program, and help administer Council's grants program.
- To provide advice on insurance, workplace health and safety and legal obligations in relation to the provision of events and civic functions and to work with casual and contract staff and contractors to achieve a high level of service.
- To provide specialist events advice to community groups conducting events in the City.
- To undertake special projects as required by the Manager Community Engagement and Marketing.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
- A minimum five years expertise in organizing community events is essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Communications, Public Relations, or a similar discipline, are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, budgeting, thinking outside the square, and creativity.
- Experience in project management, especially in relation to organising events and functions
- Ability to work with staff and contractors in a team approach to organize events and achieve a high quality of customer service.
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to communicate and deal with people at all levels and to make prompt, reliable decisions within the bounds of allocated responsibilities.
- Knowledge and appreciation of cultural diversity