|Job Title:||Estimator (FIFO)|
|Salary:||$40-45 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||January 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 16:46|
- Temporary Assignment - 3 Months- FIFO
- Pay Rate of $40-45 p/h plus super
- Opportunity to impact a remote council and community
General Requirements Include:
- Clear documentation, collation, accuracy and distribution of all works and projects is a necessity to ensure a smooth process is achieved from request to completion.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering site measures, proposals, drawings, documentation,specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, drawings, documentation, specifications, site/island specific conditions and related documents.
- Estimates costs by analysing labour, material, site/island specific conditions and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Presents prepared estimates and special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base and maintains technical knowledge
- Sources suppliers, installers and contractors, quotes and time frames
- Identifies and communicates to Managers price variations and expected overspend/under spend
- Liaises with suppliers and freight companies to order, track and expedite supply of materials to the remote location
- QLD Drivers licence – C Class open
- Undertake a new Criminal history check at commencement of employment
- At commencement of Employment hold a current Working with Children Clearance ( Blue Card)
- Be an Australian Resident or provide the current, relevant Visa to work in Australia
- Experience working for remote, local councils would be highly regarded
Previous experience in remote indigenous communities would be advantageous. Get in touch for more information!
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or other positions within Local Government, please contact Lucia Schefermann on (03) 8535 3111 email@example.com