Environmental Waste Management Engineer
|Job Title:||Environmental Waste Management Engineer|
|Salary:||$40-45 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2019 11:46|
The role will see you uphold and maintain licensing, statutory compliance and reporting for the RDF, and ensure the daily operation of the RDF meets all regulatory standards.
What you will be doing:
• Assist the Coordinator Landfill to develop a strategic approach to the management of waste and
resources at Council managed landfill, transfer station, and resource recovery facilities.
• Plan, organise resources, monitor and report on all landfill, transfer station, and resource recovery
operations at all Council-managed facilities in line with Councils strategies, policies and procedures
whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory, environmental and legislative requirements.
• Supervise staff, contractors and consultants involved in the operations of Council’s landfill, transfer
station and resource recovery facilities in line with Council requirements.
• Provide specialist advice and contribute to the continuous improvement of the operation of Councils landfill, transfer station and resource recovery facilities.
What you need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field or lesser formal qualification with substantial relevant experience.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge and experience in environmental waste management including strategic planning, operations, compliance and project management.
- Demonstrated experience supervising employees, contractors or consultants in line with relevant Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Demonstrated high level of communication, customer service and negotiation skills including the ability to gain co-operation and the best outcome for Council.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to prepare reports, briefings, submissions and relevant correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, source, collate, manipulate and present accurately detailed data to justify decision making.
- Current drivers licence
Alternatively if you would like a confidential discussion regarding this or other Local Government opportunities please call Lucia Schefermann on (03) 8535 3100.