Environmental Project Officer
|Job Title:||Environmental Project Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 1 - 10|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 16:46|
The successful candidate will provide local places and spaces that are clean and healthy and turn awareness and commitment into action to halt or reserve the effects, pressures and threats on the built and natural environment by working in collaboration with our community and other stakeholders.
Develop and participate in the implementation of projects, strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures that align with this commitment, specifically:
- Environmental health
- Environmental sustainability.
- The implementation of actions and development of new initiatives that ensure Council and the community are moving towards sustainability.
- The implementation of monitoring and reporting protocols in order to achieve improved sustainability outcomes for Council’s operations.
- Undertaking water savings initiatives.
- Facilitating appropriate environmental engagement activities that address community needs.
- Undertaking actions listed in the Blacktown Climate Change Action and Adaptation Plan.
- Facilitating appropriate climate change programs that address the needs of our community.
- Ensuring all allocated tasks are completed in an efficient and competent manner within the time frame specified.
- Relevant experience and appropriate qualifications, in accordance with the essential requirements outlined in the position description.
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in, current environmental sustainability issues,
- Demonstrated commitment to, and an understanding of, WHS issues and EEO principles in the workplace.
- Expperience with the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2011 and the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Management System to ensure a safe place of work.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's