|Job Title:||Environmental Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 10 - 5|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 06:15|
Public Sector People are seeking an experience Environmental Officer to join our local council client based in Strathpine. The successful candidate will work with a team of Environmental officers and monitor the environmental performance of Council's Waste Management Facilities.
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to achieve environmental outcomes, ensuring work is carried out in a professional manner.
- Assist in the planning, management and delivery of civil, environmental and waste projects.
- Prepare and analyse projects briefs, work scopes, specifications and associated documentation for works and services for implementation by contractors and service providers.
- Implement and coordinate a range of assigned technical projects aimed at improving effectiveness and efficiencies in waste disposal and re-use/recycling processes and methods used.
- Assist with the design, construction and operation of landfill systems (leachate, gas, waste cells) and infrastructure, including transfer stations, recycling facilities, temporary access roads, rehabilitation etc.
- Assist with the management of operations at the waste management facilities, including contractors, consultants and customer support as directed by the site supervisor.
- Where environmental issues are identified, identify causes, research solutions, liaise with all stakeholders to determine cost effective options for rectification, manage the procurement and delivery of the project.
- Undertake environmental and health and safety compliance audits and induction programs across all Council waste management facilities, including transfer stations.
- Degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Construction Induction Card competency that has been used or obtained within the past 2 years
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.