Environmental Health Officer
|Job Title:||Environmental Health Officer|
|Salary:||$39.24 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 04:46|
The successful applicant will deliver regulatory environmental health services including licensing, inspections and complaint investigation in accordance with Council's statutory obligations and policies. .
- Manage an allocated licensing, inspection and investigation case load, ensuring all activities are delivered in line with relevant policy, legislation and to agreed time, cost and quality.
- Investigate/respond to complaints/customer requests/incidents.
- Develop reports, legislative, and other correspondence relating to licensing, inspections and complaint investigation ensuring details are correct and that documents are developed to required standards within required timeframes.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of change or continuous improvement projects that impact on team service (such as policy, process, or legislative changes).
- Work in partnership with Senior Environmental Health Officers and the Environmental Health Services Coordinator to agree on performance standards and mutual expectations.
- Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take personal responsibility for optimising your potential within Council.
- Degree in environmental health, health science or public health recognised by Environmental Health Australia.
- Current C class drivers licence.
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills and the ability to translate complex information in concise, practical ways that help manage customer understanding and expectations.
- Proven ability to undertake complex investigations (including planning, observation and collection of evidence) and conduct research and draw conclusions to support consistent interpretation of legislation, including the ability to weigh multiple factors to determine appropriate remedial or compliance action required (e.g. practicalities of implementation, enforcement agency approach, legislative requirements and legal principles).
- Proven ability to exercise judgement based on experience where procedures are not clearly defined.
Alternatively please call Lucia Schefermann for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity on 038 535 3100 | email@example.com