Environmental Health Officer
|Job Title:||Environmental Health Officer|
|Reference:||Pc - 2 - 3|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2020 12:02|
The successful candidate will manage primary job tasks and will be responsible for undertaking mandatory food premises inspections and complaints in the City of Sydney LGA. This will be a 3 month contract position located in Sydney CBD.
- Independently investigate regulatory environmental and public health issues while achieving timely, high quality outcomes.
- To take appropriate enforcement actions to deal effectively with environmental and public health issues, taking into account the situation, the significance of the matter and the legislative options.
- To escalate serious environmental and public health issues to senior staff, including making recommendations to issue Emergency Orders, Prohibition of food premises and for court proceedings.
- Act on behalf of Council in respect of appeals of penalty infringements issued in the Officers name.
- Provide evidence on behalf of Council in respect of Local Court Proceedings.
- Manage large and varied work loads of environmental health matters
- Work autonomously to meet competing priorities and tight time-frames.
- Achieve timely high quality outcomes on investigations.
- Utilize mediation and conflict resolution skills to resolve matters and achieve appropriate outcomes.
- Participate in projects that assist with the best practice management of existing public health premises or issues.
- Provide advice to the public and businesses on environmental health issues.
- Interpret environmental health and public health legislation, code and policies and enforce requirements where breaches are identified.
- Tertiary qualifications in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with successful outcomes, and to contribute proactively within a team environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of all environmental health functions including the competent delivery of inspections, investigations and enforcement.
- Understanding of the delivery of environmental health projects, initiatives and surveys.
- Knowledge of the application of Public and Environmental Health legislation, policies and guidelines.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's