Environmental Health Officer
|Job Title:||Environmental Health Officer|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2019 14:32|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Environmental Officer to join our regional council client based 100+km NE from Melbourne CBD. The successful candidate will work across an interesting scope of work, focusing on routine food, health and accommodation inspections.
Starting as a 6 week contract, the opportunity to apply permanent is there too.
Some responsibilities include,
- Prepare and analyse projects briefs, work scopes, specifications and associated documentation for works and services for implementation by contractors and service providers.
- Where environmental issues are identified, identify causes, research solutions, liaise with all stakeholders to determine cost effective options for rectification, manage the procurement and delivery of the project.
- Undertake environmental and health and safety compliance audits and induction programs across Council facilities.
- Degree in environmental science, environmental engineering or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Recent Victorian experience as a practicing Environmental Health Officer, or membership with Environmental Health Australia
- Experience in processing wastewater applications and investigating nuisance complaints highly desirable
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann 038 535 3100 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.