Environmental Engineer - Parks and Open Space
|Job Title:||Environmental Engineer - Parks and Open Space|
|Reference:||PC - 10 - 11|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 06:00|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to make a positive impact within the city working with the council on a two year contract. The purpose of the position can be seen below.
- To effectively coordinate and lead the operational environmental management of the City’s parks and open spaces to meet legislative requirements and contribute to the City being a leading environmental performer in line with the Sydney 2030 strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage environmental projects and service contracts to enable responsible, holistic environmental management of the City’s parks.
- Coordinate delivery of holistic environmental management across City parks.
- Effective management of environmental projects/contracts through all stages of delivery achieving time, quality and budget objectives.
- Develop projects that will help to achieve the City’s environmental targets and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Provide advice on how to improve the environmental management of City parks and to appropriately resolve environmental issues.
- Provide effective risk management through proactive identification, prioritisation, treatment, monitoring and reporting of risks and compliance with legislation and guidelines.
- Provide expert advice and liaison with internal and external stakeholders including the Environmental Protection Authority and establish and maintain cooperative partnerships.
- To be held accountable for working conditions under the control of the position and for detecting any unsafe or unhealthy conditions or behaviour and to take immediate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to health, safety and welfare arising from any activity.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science or a similar engineering or science discipline.
- Extensive professional experience in mitigating or managing human impacts on water and soils, such as remediation of damaged land or degraded water bodies.
- Understanding and practical experience of environmental legislation relating to contaminated land management.
- Ability to design environmental investigation programs, identify skill sets needed to deliver and to manage, challenge and get the best out of technical consultants.
- Class C NSW driver’s licence or equivalent.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work, Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.