Development Services Engineer - Local Government
|Job Title:||Development Services Engineer - Local Government|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2020 17:46|
Public Sector People are looking for a motivated Development Engineer with Local Government or other relevant experience to join our assessment and certification team. Working with the largest growth Council in NSW you will be exposed to all facets of development engineering, helping deliver high quality service to our major stakeholders in the delivery of land subdivisions and quality community infrastructure.
- Liaise with and advise developers, architects, planners, engineers, designers, government agencies etc. with regards to engineering stormwater information and clarifying Council’s requirements in accordance with Council’s Engineering Development Guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate engineering stormwater advice and recommend appropriate conditions in the assessment of Development Applications to town planners, building surveyors and engineers (within the Asset Design Services Unit and Development Services Unit).
- Prepare engineering stormwater drainage designs reflecting current “Best Practice” and to maintain acceptable environmental and engineering standards.
- Conduct or supervise major flood studies and trunk drainage investigations, reporting on findings and recommending appropriate course(s) of action or options to provide the community with cost effective, environmentally sensitive stormwater drainage systems.
- Write tender briefs and supervise engineering and/or other consultants engaged on providing professional investigation and/or design services in respect of, but not limited to, Stormwater Drainage Infrastructure, Soil Erosion Control Plans, Flood Studies, Floodplain Management Studies and Plans and Environmental Impact Statements. Prepare and administer contrac/ts with consultants to ensure that all design works have been carried out in accordance with the brief.
- Negotiate and attend meetings with public utility authorities, government authorities, private organisations, property owners, community groups and others regarding a wide range of design activities.
- Undertake major design studies as directed by the Manager of Asset Design Services.
- Investigate and report on need for legal actions within the terms of delegation for non-compliance with Council’s requirements.
- Provide when required input to all design planning issues within the City.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.