Development Engineer - Local Government
|Job Title:||Development Engineer - Local Government|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2020 11:32|
Our client is a recently amalgamated Council, and is one of the fastest growing local government areas in metropolitan Sydney. The purpose of this role is to undertake Development Application assessments relating to engineering matters and to ensure that a high level of customer service to internal and external clients is maintained at all times.
- Control and regulate building and land use development in accordance with the Council requirements and relevant planning legislation in relation to engineering issues.
- Ensure the orderly development of the city whilst protecting and enhancing the natural and built environments in relation to engineering issues.
- Complete Development Assessment, compliance and processing of subdivision and development applications, construction certificates and associated engineering plans in accordance with Council’s standards and policies.
- Provide engineering input into Council’s development control responsibilities associated with urban redevelopment, commercial/industrial developments and new subdivisions.
- Complete On-Site Stormwater Detention Audits.
- Undertake survey, design and compliance of residential vehicular crossings and vehicular crossings, kerb/ gutter /footpath reconstruction/construction associated with development sites in accordance with appropriate road design principles, Council’s Standards and Specifications.
- Undertake survey using engineering survey equipment including Total Station and computer applications.
- To assist with other work within the Technical Services Section of Council’s Engineering Services Department when priorities and workload changes warrant.
- Degree in Engineering from an Australian University or equivalent verified by Engineers Australia.
- Assessment, compliance (including inspections) and processing of subdivision and development applications, construction certificates and associated engineering plans, with respect to engineering issues and in accordance with Council’s standards, and policies.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's