|Job Title:||Development Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2021 14:03|
Public Sector People are currently recruiting for a Development Engineer to join our local government client on contract for up to 12 months. The role will be responsible in assessing development applications and supervise related construction works as required to minimise the impact on Council Infrastructure, ensure Council’s standards are met and manage the impact on the community.
- Assess Engineering aspects of Subdivision, Development Applications and Construction Certificates.
- Supervise civil construction works associated with subdivisions and large developments.
- Provide advice to developers, Council, consultants, contractors and the public on development engineering matters such as stormwater and on site detention requirements, erosion control works, and vehicular access
- Issue construction certificates for drainage, road and subdivision works.
- Ensure that appropriate amendments and conditions are imposed on applications to ensure a satisfactory engineering standard of development in accordance with Council’s policies and Development Control Plans.
- Ensure that design of new infrastructure work is of a standard satisfactory to Council and is in accordance with sound engineering practice and that construction is in accordance with the approved plan.
- Prepare assessment reports and conditions within adopted Council timeframes.
- Prepare reports to Council on engineering matters related to developments.
- Check Subdivision Plans for engineering requirements.
- Liaise with Public Authorities and Government Departments on matters relating to Developments.
- Take responsibility for assessing land development jobs.
- Experience in engineering aspects of land development, including civil engineering design and construction associated with urban development in relation to roads, drainage and traffic.
- Experience in managing the erosion and sediment control and traffic management around construction sites.
- Knowledge and application of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, 1979 and other relevant legislation as it relates to development engineering matters.
- Development control experience in relation to the assessment of Development Application and Construction Certificate matters.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's