Development and Compliance Officer - Team Leader
|Job Title:||Development and Compliance Officer - Team Leader|
|Reference:||PC - 07 - 02|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 16:47|
Our client is looking for a proven leader with experience in built environment investigation and compliance. Based at Caboolture Council Chambers, they are after a dynamic individual who is interested in being part of a renewed focus to compliance investigation and enforcement.
You will be required to supervise a team of compliance officers responsible for all areas of land use, land clearing, erosion and sediment control, dangerous structures, home based business and overland flow and storm water discharge complaints in a high paced and supportive environment.
- Lead and supervise a team of officers in undertaking building and development compliance activities and programs.
- Allocate and monitor workloads of a building and development compliance team and assist with developing the capacity of staff within the team.
- Resolve escalated customer and procedural issues by providing expert advice and exercising judgement and initiative, reporting back on customer outcomes and service enhancement opportunities.
- Conduct audit and review processes surrounding case management practices and responses of team members and review compliance and remedial notices of team members.
- Ensure the optimal use of building and development compliance team resources including human, financial, and fleet resources.
- Contribute to the development of building and development compliance processes and procedures and develop and deliver staff training, coaching and development initiatives.
- Tertiary technical qualification in statutory planning, building certification and/or investigation, or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated specialist skills, technical ability and experience in the interpretation and enforcement of relevant legislation/industry standards.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.