|Job Title:||Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Chris Castellano|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2022 17:20|
As a Design Engineer, your role is to provide design and investigation services related to stormwater drainage, road and traffic management, in accordance with prescribed standards and industry best practices.
The ideal candidate would have Civil 3D experience designing roads, footpaths and drains within a Council environment.
This will be a 12-month temporary contract assignment.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Investigate, analyse and research for feasible, cost-effective solutions for road, drainage and traffic issues resulting from complaints, enquiries and available data.
- Production of engineering designs, specifications, bill of quantities in readiness for detailed cost estimates and tender documents to recognised standards
- Data and information collection related to roads, drainage and footpaths
- Undertake and develop special charge scheme projects.
- Arrange for the construction of the selected solutions by liaising with either external contractors or Council's Operations Department.
- Update Council's GIS system with drainage, road and traffic infrastructure as well as information related to scheduled road and drainage capital works or investigations.
- Develop strong working relationships with relevant authorities such as VicRoads, DSE, Melbourne Water and Catchment Management Authorities in relation to roads and traffic, drainage issues.
- Prepare detailed technical reports and project briefs for selected solutions and capital works jobs related to road, traffic and drainage issues.
- Prepare reports and correspondence for matters within areas of responsibility.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to other council units.
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering (or related field) with some relevant experience gained in the area of road management and drainage analysis and design, as well as in traffic engineering OR less formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of design of drainage, traffic management and road safety structures
- Demonstrated experience in using drafting and drawing software Knowledge of and experience in using drainage modelling systems and software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current Victorian drivers licence.
- Willingness to undertake a National Police Check.
T: (03) 8535 3111
Alternatively, you can apply online by following the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Check our website to see more opportunities, sign up for job alerts or refer a friend: -www.publicsectorpeople.com.au
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's