|Job Title:||Design Engineer|
|Reference:||PC - 5 - 25|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 27, 2019 06:32|
Public Sector People are working with our Local Government client located in Penrith NSW seeking an experienced Design Engineer.
Design and Projects is responsible for the delivery of Council’s major capital works, which include buildings and civil infrastructure.
Joining the team means working in a progressive Regional City Council undergoing substantial growth in the next 20 years, and the opportunity to work alongside a team of professionals responsible for achieving quality outcomes for architecture, landscape architecture, civil design and project management.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and a highly motivated person to prepare detailed surveys and designs for roads, drainage and traffic facilities to comply with current standards and to best practice of the industry.
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or equivalent
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Construction Industry (White) Card
- Sound computer skills including extensive CAD skills (12D, AutoCAD Civil 3D & Civilcad)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare designs on time to comply with design standards and to industry best practice
- Knowledge of GIS mapping systems
- A good understanding of survey practice & a knowledge of GPS Survey equipment
- High level of verbal and communication skills
- Considerable experience in all aspects of Civil Engineering and in particular road, drainage and traffic facilities
- Ability to manage minor design and construction projects from the inception to completion
- Experience in Local Government construction and design projects
- Previous project management experience
- Current Traffic Controller and Prepare Work Zone TMP Certificates
- An understanding of computer based applications for engineering survey, design, modelling and analysis for civil engineering design and drainage management
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.