Debtors (Accounts) Receivable Officer
|Job Title:||Debtors (Accounts) Receivable Officer|
|Salary:||$35.43 to $38.80 per hour plus superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Bryony Reid|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019 12:01|
This opportunity is a full time, temporary contract with an immediate start for 5 months initially.
- To ensure good management of Council’s Debtors Collection practices including the reduction the overall debt owed to Council.
- Record specific action taken to reduce debtors moving from 30 days to 60 days to 90 days and over.
- Manage the Sundry Debtor “accounts receivable” system.
- Data entry and receipt allocation of all sundry debtor invoices and payments ensuring correct income and GST codes.
- Provision of high quality customer service and administration in Finance department including the resolution of client complaints and provide general assistance and support.
- Manage petty cash float for Council staff.
- Support other Finance staff, particularly as backup for the Purchasing officer
- Understanding of relevant processes and procedures pertaining to debtors / collections and ability to apply such knowledge and understanding.
- Well developed interpersonal skills that ensure a quality customer service approach even in an environment of conflict.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft applications) and keyboard skills including ability to manage debtor data bases.
- Several years experience in debtors administration within a finance office environment.
- A detailed knowledge of accounts receivable processes and the GST requirements regarding invoicing.
- Experience with electronic banking and payment facilities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or roles in Local Government, please contact Bryony Reid on (03) 8535 3111.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
$40 - $50 per hour plus superannuation
Assets Data Management Officer
Contracts Officer - Procurement
$52 - $58 per hour plus super
Finance Operational Support Officer
$32.44 per hour plus superannuation
Finance & Procurement Officer
$44.03 per hour plus superannuation