DA Planner - Local Government
|Job Title:||DA Planner - Local Government|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||August 25, 2020 13:00|
The position is responsible for implementing departmental responsibilities in the area of development assessment and planning. The role of the successful candidate is to contribute to the overall effective operation of the Development Assessment Division by implementing Council’s policies in relation to the protection, preservation and enhancement of the natural and built environment.
- Liaising with architects, developers, residents, community groups and precinct committees regarding planning controls in order to encourage participation in the planning and development control process
- Providing high level technical advice to the public, particularly in the area of urban design
- Responding to counter, written and telephone enquiries and provide advice on planning and development control matters to the community
- Providing high level technical advice, particularly in the area of urban design to Area Managers, the Executive Manager and area team members
- Exercising accountability and responsibility in the discharge of duties with minimal supervision
- Effectively implementing Council’s policies in relation to development control and assessment
- Assessing and determining development applications in accordance with authority delegated by council.
- Providing input into preparation of development control plans and relevant planning policies as required
- Making field inspections as required and provide advice for the preparation of planning and development assessment reports
- Liaising and coordinating with other departments and statutory authorities on issues relevant to preparation of planning and development assessment reports
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600