Coordinator of Health, Safety and Wellbeing
|Job Title:||Coordinator of Health, Safety and Wellbeing|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2021 11:32|
Coordinator Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Band 8: $115,000 - $125,000 per annum + super
Permanent, full-time position
Walking distance to Preston train station and tram stops
Access to onsite car parking
- Join a progressive leader in Local Government
- Be a part of a contemporary, collaborative leadership team
- Focus on leading contemporary health, safety and wellbeing across Council
The City of Darebin is a vibrant municipality just north of Melbourne's CBD. No matter where you're from, you'll feel at home in this cosmopolitan community where different lifestyles, aspirations and talents are welcomed. 160,000 residents speak 138 different languages, embrace 37 different faiths and celebrate their city's rich cultural diversity.
As a progressive leader in Local Government, the City of Darebin has set an inspiring vision to ensure quality of life for current and future generations in response to the climate emergency, increasing inequality and unprecedented growth - hence their vision of a sustainable, vibrant and community-oriented City.
Our People and Culture Department drive value for both our customers and the business by working closely with key internal stakeholders and other divisional teams to drive operational excellence and deliver extraordinary results through ownership and considered execution. We are a highly collaborative team who thrive working in an agile and fast-paced environment underpinned by strong values and a customer centric approach.
Reporting to the Manager People and Culture, this position provides strategic direction and advice that elevates the organisations consciousness in relation to a better practice, innovative and compliant health, safety and wellbeing culture and practice. The position provides health, safety and wellbeing services and support to the organisation and drives ongoing improvements to Councils related governance and operational frameworks.
More specifically Coordinator Health, Safety and Wellbeing will:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of Darebin’s Health, Safety and Wellbeing Strategy and plan delivering priority interventions.
- Lead breakthrough projects and drive the success of Council’s internal OHS committees.
- Ensure all employees understand their legal obligation under the OH&S Act and receive regular training to perform jobs safely.
- Implement and monitor the organisation’s OH&S policies, procedures, safety rules and programs in the relevant work area to achieve and maintain OH&S standards.
- Monitor health and safety performance to inform risk management.
- Oversee effective return to work and insurances practices.
- Oversee implementation and compliance of Council’s Safeguarding Children Standards.
To be considered for this position you will have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in developing and implementing effective OHS strategic frameworks and delivering key projects. The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification in OHS or related and/or a relevant depth of experience in the OHS or risk environment. Proven experience monitoring and applying continuous improvement to health, safety and wellbeing programs and safety performance and achieving an organisations safety vision will see you be successful in this role. Key to the position is expert knowledge of relevant OHS legislation and experience leading and developing a team of safety professionals.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume (max 5 pages) and one page statement addressing the selection criteria and what you would bring to the role to Bryony Reid (PSP) by 9am Monday 12th April. Questions and enquiries on the position, please call 03 8535 3111 or email email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on 20th April.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough 'Safety Screening' processes apply.
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's